10 Facts about our Favorite Lady Mouse:
1. Minnie’s full name is actually Minerva Mouse.
2. Minnie Mouse debuted in the cartoon Plane Crazy in 1928, the same cartoon in which Mickey Mouse was introduced. Interestingly enough, she spent the whole cartoon evading Mickey’s kiss attempts! She even parachutes out of a plane to avoid him.
3. There is a lot of speculation over whether or not Mickey and Minnie are just boyfriend and girlfriend, or if they’re actually married. Although they’ve never been shown getting married in any of the cartoons, Walt has said that in his mind they have been and always will be a married couple in love.
4. Minnie Mouse was originally designed in the flapper fashion. Her first and main fashion statement was wearing the female version of a bowler hat with her signature daisy sprouting from the top. In some of the cartoons of 1929 she was revealed wearing black stockings as well, right along with her oversized signature black pumps.
5. Both of Minnie’s parents are farmers.
6. Minnie is actually the one who introduced the character of Pluto in The Picnic.
7. Minnie was originally voiced by Walt Disney.
8. For a short time, Minnie Mouse was voiced by Judy Garland (a.k.a. Dorothy!)
9. The current voice of Minnie Mouse, Russi Taylor, as well as the current voice of Mickey Mouse, Wayne Allwine, are actually a married couple! They met on the job and fell in love. (EDIT: Sad news - apparently Wayne Allwine died just last year!)
10. Minnie Mouse has numerous family members that make appearances in various Disney cartoons. Mortimer Mouse is her uncle, and Millie and Melody Mouse are her cousins.