*** How to enjoy Disneyland in the rain ***
(It’s not difficult, I promise.)
(1) Wear a poncho. Sure, you’ll look like those silly tourists that don’t want to get wet on Grizzly Rapids (I mean, seriously?!) but trust me on this one. Ponchos are a life-saver when walking around the park in the rain. Disney even sells ~fashionable ones~ that won’t cramp your style. Come on, you know you want one.
(2) Stick to the indoor rides. It’s not a tea party when you have to share your seat with a puddle. So skip the tea cups and go for the rides that are inside. Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, the Haunted Mansion, Finding Nemo, and Buzz Lightyear Asto Blasters are just a handful of the many rides that ensure a dry-bum experience.
(3) See a show. Captain EO is back and playing in Tomorrowland, and the broadway-style performance of Aladdin runs up to four times a day in California Adventure. That’s four opportunities to enjoy 40 minutes of rain-free, indoor Disney fun. Take advantage!
(4) Grab a seat inside. Pick among the indoor dining venues (there are many!) and engage in one of the most celebrated Disneyland pastimes - people watching! I could honestly spend hours just watching my fellow Disneylanders doing what they do. It’s almost like your own personal TV show.
(5) RELAX. Yes, it’s raining. You’re going to get wet. But those are happy raindrops falling down around you. In fact, they’re the happiest raindrops on earth! Embrace the uncomfortable dampness and enjoy the fact that you’re at Disneyland. It’s only water, after all. And just think of all the rain-shy wussies who would’ve been clogging up your favorite rides had the sun been shining.